Remember the De Palma contest I ran last month? I already have the winner’s name in hand. But before I announce the winner, let me share the participants’ messages.
1. Maria Victoria Nyirop – By reading the review, I thought that this place will be an awesome place to bring my parents for their vacation.They (my parents) both at age 72 and 62 deserve to win this 2 Days & 1 Night Stay at De Palma Kuala Selangor. Knowing them both very preserving over greenery view of nature, not to mention fireflies phenomenon at Kg Kuantan Fireflies Sanctuary is perfectly fit their love about the nature. Mr & Mrs Nyirop deserves this stay as their wedding anniversary gift, mother’& father;s day gift from me(the daughter).I will fly them both all the way from Kuching to Kuala Selangor if they win this stay.This is not for Marvic but for Mr&Mrs Nyirop… and YES.. this 1 daughter and 3 son, 2 daugther-in-law and 4 grandchildren of Mr&Mrs Nyirop will join together for this getaway and treat it as our family getaway… wahhh..how cool is that…
2. Taheera Rosheena Mohammed – It looks like an ideal place for me and my family. We love the outdoors but we’re always looking for a family friendly environment with fun activities, and charge reasonable rates. Being syariah compliant gives us the confidence that the management cares about the guests needs and therefore this reflects the whole outlook of the facility. Love the fact that it’s also not too far from the city if we wanted a quick getaway.
3. Adzreena Ya’acob – Being a Work-At-Home-Mum, with 3 kids and no maid i think all of us at home deserved a gateway . Yup, kids and Ayah of course bored whenever mama being a “Hulk” . :p And i know that Kuala Selangor have a lot of interesting places to offer. Thus , a quick gateway is all of need.
4. Fadzilah Mamat – First of all, I would like to say that the idea of a syariah compliance hotel is just brilliant! The reasons why I deserve a free stay in De Palma Inn Kuala Selangor are :
1. I personally think that all hotels in Malaysia (a majority Muslim country) should be syariah compliant. And I applaud De Palma for being the pioneer.
2. I really want to experience the stay in a Syariah compliant hotel and then share it with my friends and my blog readers.
3. The place look so welcoming and I’m sure my family will enjoy our stay.
p/s : Win or not, I’ll definitely go there for a relaxing getaway with my family. Thank sis Emila Yusof for this review. I’m totally sold!
5. Debbie Elaira Tehin – Hi kak Emila, I want to win the 2 Days & 1 Night stay at De Palma Kuala Selangor Hotel, not for me, but for my best friend, Yenny and her family. Yenny got married 2 years ago, exactly yesterday, 29 May 2009 to Mr A. Now, she has a beautiful baby boy, Qaleed, who’s going to be 1 year old in August 2012. I want to win this for Yenny because she’s been there for me, no matter what, although she lives in Pahang and I’m in Kuching, Sarawak. Yenny and her family deserves such a nice stay at De Palma Hotel Kuala Selangor, and it will be perfect if I win this for them as their 2nd wedding anniversary gift. Both Yenny and her husband love nature. She worked with Malaysian Nature Society before, and her husband is currently working with Jabatan Perhilitan. They both enjoy nature so much, and I still remember following Yenny to catch bats (yes, bats) at night for her Masters program. On the other hand, her husband loves photography and birds, and when they had time and before Qaleed was born, they would go to Fraser’s Hill for birding activities. I really think this would be a great gift for Yenny and her family, as they’ve been working hard lately and they need some time off for a vacation. I would love to win this for Yenny, my bff. Thanks in advance, Kak Emila and to De Palma Hotel.
6. Syuqiyah A. Hamid – It’s not easy to handle three little kids during my family vacation. My husband and I couldn’t enjoy happy moment like others, because we had to keep an eye on our kids all the time. My husband and I then decided that, if we want to have more enjoyable holidays, we should change the way we plan our holidays. It should be a big family vacation instead. So, this time around, we are planning to have an extended family vacation, which would also included member of my aunt’s and my brother’s families. My aunt, who is also the babysitter of my three kids, could then assist us in taking care of the kids. This will then free us to have more enjoyable private time. De Palma Hotel seems to be a perfect place for this extended family vacation. My husband and I love the beautiful wooden chalet. My aunt and uncle must have fallen in love with the calm and fresh environment, and also the idea of the barbeque picnic. My kids and their uncles and aunties would spend hours playing in the pool. Staying at the hotel will also give us a chance to visit Kg Kuantan Fireflies Sanctuary. It’s like a sweet dream for me and I hope it will turn to reality.
7. Nurul Izz – A bunch of amazing friends of mine and I are graduating this year (finally!) and it would be nice if we can have a little bit of mini vacation somewhere away from civilization and reality – even though we can never run away from the fact that real life begins soon after the oh-so-dreamy vacation ends.
8. Suliza Haron – Dear Kak Emila and De Palma Hotel’s management, Why i want to win a stay at De Palma Kuala Selangor? Because i would love for my son, Qeeb to experience a nature getaway and stay in traditional chalet with a modern touch. Play in the pool, lots of space to run, and visit all the places of interest nearby, listen to the ‘nature’ sound at night and loads of other activities. I bet i will get a good hotel service too!
AND THE WINNER IS:
SYUQIYAH A. HAMID
In addition, De Palma is topping up the prize for a runner-up: 2D1N stay at De Palma Ampang! De Palma management has selected:
At De Palma Ampang, Fadzilah can experience the syariah compliant feel, especially on Friday, where De Palma Hotel Ampang conducts Friday Prayers to almost 2000 muslims.
To Syuqiyah and Fadzilah, please e-mail me your address to email@example.com. I will pick up the vouchers tomorrow and have it delivered to you by snail mail. Vouchers are valid for 3 months and that gives both of you a time to plan the trip.
Thank you to all for making this contest a blast! To those who did not win, worry not, I will try to come up with another hotel stay contest soon.
BIG thank you to DePalma Hotels management team for the generosity in sponsoring the two stays.