The BlogFT contest has finally ended last January 5th and from the status of its Facebook, there has been tonnes of last minute entries. I wish I was one of the last minute submitter as I have one more post to submit. But I just couldn’t bring myself to complete it due to a mild fever. Anyway I would like to extend my gratitude to all who have voted for me. Thank you so much for voting and most of all, thank you for reading.
The result for December is not out yet and I reckon that the Grand Final results will only be out late February/early March as the Media Category has been extended to 5th of February 2010. Of course I want to be the winner, or the 2nd prize winner but whatever the result is, I am happy to have taken part in the contest and write/illustrate about Kuala Lumpur. I have been doing that before the contest and will continue doing so after the contest as it is a ritual for me to blog about places I have been to.
Ok, let me re-cap the posts that have made it to the Final:
Despite it’s title, I actually have a collection of KL, Putrajaya and Labuan postcards in this post. You see, previously, I submitted the postcard one by one. Silly me. Tan Sri Dato’ Elyas Omar personally told me me during the Monthly Prizegiving Ceremony that he was so confused that I have so many posts and lucky that I have a post with all postcards in it. Same goes with the KL:A to Z Fun Things. I think I have up to letter L or M that I post individually.
To those who are working in the Media Sector, you can still enter the Media Category and you have up to January the 5th to submit your entries. To enter is easy, just visit Blog4Ft website, register yourself , place Blog4FT logo, have your blog post ready and submit your post.
Before I end this post, here’s a list of “You know you grew up in KL in the 80’s if…”
You know you grew up in KL in the 80â€™s ifâ€¦
- you were amongst the crowd attending the late Sudirman Haji Arshad’s live concert in Chowkit Road
- you took the pink mini bus to travel around
- you went to the Konsert Kotaraya in Stadium Negara
- your knew that Rozana Cinta 87 was mostly filmed in Central Market
- you bought your first denim at Campbell Complex or Pertama Complex
- you get all your 80’s trendy clothings from Sungei Wang Plaza
- you knew there was a jumble sale every Tuesday at St Mary’s Cathedral Jalan Raja
- you were familiar with Tan Sri Yaakob Latiff and Tan Sri Datoâ€™ Sri Elyas Omar
- you went to Panggung Anniversary KL Lake Garden to watch concerts
- you watched Toyol in Odeon Cinema
- your first teen dance was at Hotel Malaya
- you knew what Rumours or Faces was all about
- you knew that the 15th Southeast Asian Games was held in Kuala Lumpur
- you knew that Rosyam Nor used to live in Selangor Mansion, Jalan Masjid India
- Your parents would bring you shopping at Hankyu Jaya or Yaohan
- you knew that The Mall was officiated by then Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad (now Tun) that personally buried a time capsule that will be unearthed in 100 year on 2087
- Your ideal place to go roller skating was Stargazer Arena, Semua House
- you have your very first taste of McDonald’s in Jalan Bukit Bintang
- your ideal place of hanging out was at Central Market, Kotaraya or Wilayah Complex
This uncompleted list was the one intended for the Blog4FT submission. Feel free to add to the list just for fun of it by leaving your comments. I’ll link back to you.
Have a great weekend and p/s: link love for the 1st commenter.