For the past few months, I have been working on this colouring book series and Alhamdulillah, all four of them are already published by Oyez!Books and now available for online purchase at oyezbookstore.com. You can also buy from Silverfish Books in Bangsar Village 2 but I am not too sure if they have stocks as these books are a favourite buy and fast-selling especially among adults.
Colouring books are now an escapism for those who want to beat stress. How is that? *Experts say colouring helps to calm the amygdala, the part of the brain that controls our emotions and senses. It may also provide a mental escape by transporting us back to the carefree days of childhood. When colouring, we activate different areas of our two cerebral hemispheres, says psychologist Gloria Martínez Ayala. “The action involves both logic, by which we color forms, and creativity, when mixing and matching colors. This incorporates the areas of the cerebral cortex involved in vision and fine motor skills [coordination necessary to make small, precise movements]. The relaxation that it provides lowers the activity of the amygdala, a basic part of our brain involved in controlling emotion that is affected by stress.”
*Source credit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/13/coloring-for-stress_n_5975832.html
Buy now from oyezbookstore.com. RM20 each. Make your purchase online, wait for the book to arrive at your doorstep and colour away.
While waiting, get the colouring tools ready. I recommend you buy a set of colour pencils because crayons are a bit bulky for the intricate details in these colouring books.
I am currently working on my new book: Legendary Princesses of The World. Here are some of the princesses that I illustrated. The princesses in this book includes Korean, Romanian, Indonesian, German, Finnish and many more. Stories were contributed (in summaries and/or the name of a princess in their country) by people who attended the Frankfurt Buchmesse last year.
I am excited for this partnership. Feingespinst Verlag licensed my colouring books to be published in Germany.
Join the fun with Emila Yusof Colourart Contest! Colour your way to winning some great prizes including hand-drawn Emila Yusof tote bags!
How to enter
- Buy any ColourArt by Emila Yusof at OyezBookStore.com.
- Select your favourite drawing from any of the three books from Emila Yusof’s Colourart series.
- Start colouring!
- Upload a photo of your masterpiece to Oyez!Books FB page with the title Emila Yusof Colourart Contest.
- Get your friends to vote for your masterpiece by clicking Like.
- The Top 5 photos with the most Likes will be judged by Emila Yusof who will then select the winner!
- Contest runs from 15 May to 14 June 2015.
- Colouring must be done on original drawings from any of the Colourart books by Emila Yusof. These are Mother Earth, Nature Sings and Dream World.
- Colouring can be done in any medium as long as it is done by hand.
- Only photos posted on Oyez!Books page during the contest period will be eligible for entry. Posted photos can be shared.
- Photos may be used for promotional purposes on Oyez!Books website and social media channels.
- Total Likes will be based on statistics as provided by Facebook for the period of the contest. Cutoff time is 12pm on 14 June.
- Contest results will be announced by 14 June at Silverfish Bookstore at 4-5pm. Judge’s decision is final.
- Winner will receive RM100 worth of book vouchers from Oyez!Books, one complete set of all Colourart books, and a beautiful hand-drawn tote bag by Emila Yusof.
- The remaining four participants from the Top 5 will receive one Colourart book of their choice, and a beautiful hand-drawn tote bag by Emila Yusof.
My first colouring book for adult is out!
Colour your way to an appreciation of beauty and nature. You may also frame your masterpiece to decorate your room or give it as a gift. Printed on quality art paper suitable for water colour, pencil colours or markers. The reverse of each piece of art is blank so you do not have to worry about damaging the next artwork.
Mother Earth – Colourart by Emila Yusof
Softcover with Art paper
Size:210 x 240 mm
You can buy the book at OyezBookStore.