As long as I can remember, SHARP has always been around since I was born, in fact, it has been around since my mother was born. Truth, SHARP has been around longer than that. It has been around since September 15, 1912 when the founder, Tokuji Hayakawa, first established metalworking shop in Tokyo, Japan.
Do you know what was the first product produced by SHARP? TV? Oven? Calculator? Hmm…you guessed wrong! Hehe! It was a Tokubijo belt buckle!
Here are first three products produced by SHARP.
Along the way, SHARP has produced numerous of great products including the latest Freestyle AQUOS and Interactive Whiteboard in 2011. SHARP is dedicated to making creative and high-quality products and make the best use of their unique and innovative technology to contribute to the culture, benefits and welfare of people throughout the world.
For 100 years, SHARP has stood as a trusted symbol to connecting customers and business worldwide and they strive to improve and support people’s lives. SHARP set its sight for the next 100 years to touch the heart of millions with innovative products and genuine services.
And for that matter, to celebrate its 100 years presence and people throughout the world (including YOU), SHARP is running a campaign: Sharp 100 YEARS Anniversary Share.
This is a contest where you upload your best pictures and videos of anniversaries or other commemorative moments of you, your family and your friends. And WIN great prizes from SHARP. And…best thing is, images and videos of participants’ anniversaries will be made into a work of film.
Here are the details of the contest:
Present – 15th September, 2012
Participant’s Residing Countries:
Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, U.A.E.
Trip to the West Coast, USA. Two lucky pairs (four people) will be chosen.
Top 5 submitters of the top five ranking pictures and videos will receive Sharp products.
October 15th, 2012
Here are some of the rules and regulations You can view full rules at SHARP 100 YEARS‘s website:
1. One user can submit any number of works, provided he/she avoids duplication of works submitted earlier to this campaign or any other public campaign. If a work is awarded a prize in this campaign and later found to have been previously entered for other public campaigns, the prize shall be withdrawn.
2. The submission shall become invalid in the event that the campaign management office (“the Management Office”) finds any, or any potential, misconduct by the user.
3. The user shall not be eligible for participation in the campaign in the event that any part of the information submitted to the Website is false and/or incorrect.
4. With the submission of works (pictures/videos) to the Website, the user shall be deemed to have granted rights to the Management Office for non-exclusive, worldwide usage (including copying, processing, translating, quoting, and/or publicizing) of all or part of the submitted material without prior consent by, and/or compensation to, the user, and to have agreed to a waiver of exercising the copyright against the Management Office.
5. Submitted works will be uploaded on YouTube automatically under the account management of this campaign. Submitted works will be put on the website after review by the Management Office. Please note that this may take some time.
Now what are you waiting for? Visit Share.sharp100years.com and SHARE your best pictures/videos and stand a chance to win and be featured in a film!